Crash leads to fuel spill on Rt 42 in Gloucester Twp
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was injured in a crash involving a tractor-trailer and car in the northbound lanes of Route 42 in Gloucester Township, New Jersey overnight.
The accident happened around 3:00 a.m. Friday near Exit 10.
According to police, the car was stopped when the truck struck the vehicle from behind.
The collision caused the truck's side saddle fuel tank to rupture, spilling fuel onto the roadway and resulting in the closure of the center and middle northbound lanes.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was admitted to the hospital in stable condition. The driver of the car was uninjured.
NJDOT crews are on scene to clean up the spill.
Motorists should expect delays during the morning rush hour.
camden county, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 8 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 22 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos