Police: Boy, 2, hit by car in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 2-year-old boy suffered cuts to his head and legs after he ran into traffic and was hit by a car.
Police say the boy was hit about 6:40 p.m. Thursday and was taken to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, where he was expected to be treated and released.
Authorities say they believe the child ran out of a residence in an attempt to follow his father to the store. Police say an adult watching the child was unable to get to the boy before he left. Authorities say the boy was struck by a Buick Century in the 1500 block of W. Fourth Street.
Police say no charges will be filed against the driver of the child's parents.
wilmington, delaware, pedestrian struck, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- Woman fired after tweet on AIDS in Africa... 22 min ago
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Space suit issue prompts delay of second spacewalk 6 min ago