NJ State Trooper injured in crash on Garden State Parkway
PORT REPUBLIC, N.J. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey State Trooper was injured in a crash on the Garden State Parkway overnight.
The crash happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday in a construction zone on the northbound Garden State Parkway in Port Republic, New Jersey.
Police say the trooper was rear ended by a Volkswagen Beetle, causing the VW to catch fire.
The trooper suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital to be checked out.
The driver of the striking vehicle was also injured. That person was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are continuing to investigate what led to the crash.
new jersey, accident, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load