NJ State Trooper injured in crash on Garden State Parkway
PORT REPUBLIC, N.J. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey State Trooper was injured in a crash on the Garden State Parkway overnight.
The crash happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday in a construction zone on the northbound Garden State Parkway in Port Republic, New Jersey.
Police say the trooper was rear ended by a Volkswagen Beetle, causing the VW to catch fire.
The trooper suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital to be checked out.
The driver of the striking vehicle was also injured. That person was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are continuing to investigate what led to the crash.
new jersey, accident, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos