Fire at PECO transformer station in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- An overnight fire at a PECO transformer station caused a temporary power outage in parts of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The fire happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday on the 2100 block of N 62nd Street.
The flames caused a temporary outage in the neighborhood, but PECO restored power shortly after the fire was extinguished.
Currently there is no impact to customers.
No injuries have been reported.
overbrook, philadelphia, fire, PECO, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 25 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 18 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 29 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering