Fire at PECO transformer station in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- An overnight fire at a PECO transformer station caused a temporary power outage in parts of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The fire happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday on the 2100 block of N 62nd Street.
The flames caused a temporary outage in the neighborhood, but PECO restored power shortly after the fire was extinguished.
Currently there is no impact to customers.
No injuries have been reported.
overbrook, philadelphia, fire, PECO, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run