Fire at PECO transformer station in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- An overnight fire at a PECO transformer station caused a temporary power outage in parts of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The fire happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday on the 2100 block of N 62nd Street.
The flames caused a temporary outage in the neighborhood, but PECO restored power shortly after the fire was extinguished.
Currently there is no impact to customers.
No injuries have been reported.
overbrook, philadelphia, fire, PECO, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 43 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 19 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 25 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ