Fire at PECO transformer station in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- An overnight fire at a PECO transformer station caused a temporary power outage in parts of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The fire happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday on the 2100 block of N 62nd Street.
The flames caused a temporary outage in the neighborhood, but PECO restored power shortly after the fire was extinguished.
Currently there is no impact to customers.
No injuries have been reported.
overbrook, philadelphia, fire, PECO, local/state
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 57 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 32 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 49 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 42 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm