NJ woman rescued after driving car off garage
MAHWAH, N.J. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued a New Jersey woman after police say she accidentally drove her car off the side of a parking garage.
Police say 48-year-old Lisa Siciliano was leaving the three-story garage at the Sheraton Crossroads hotel in Mahwah Thursday.
Lt. Jeffrey Dino tells The Record newspaper the vehicle clipped a corner post and Siciliano thinks her foot slipped off the brake and onto the gas.
Dino says the vehicle became tangled in the safety cables that run around the open side of the garage and dangled one story above the ground.
Firefighters used cables to pull the vehicle back in.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, accident, rescue, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower