NJ woman rescued after driving car off garage
MAHWAH, N.J. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued a New Jersey woman after police say she accidentally drove her car off the side of a parking garage.
Police say 48-year-old Lisa Siciliano was leaving the three-story garage at the Sheraton Crossroads hotel in Mahwah Thursday.
Lt. Jeffrey Dino tells The Record newspaper the vehicle clipped a corner post and Siciliano thinks her foot slipped off the brake and onto the gas.
Dino says the vehicle became tangled in the safety cables that run around the open side of the garage and dangled one story above the ground.
Firefighters used cables to pull the vehicle back in.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, accident, rescue, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!