3 hospitalized in Collingdale house fire
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters called a second alarm while battling a blaze on Friday morning in Collingdale, Delaware County.
The fire was reported at a home in the 100 block of Wayne Avenue just after 11:00 a.m.
Two Collingdale police officers arrived to find smoke pouring from the front of the home.
A resident told police she awoke to find her mother screaming. When she opened the inside door, she was met by heavy smoke in the living room.
Fire crews soon arrived and were able to bring the blaze under control.
Two residents were treated and transported to Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital for smoke inhalation.
A firefighter was also injured from a fall. All three victims are expected to be released.
Authorities say the property sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.
The Red Cross has responded to assist with residents affected by the blaze.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
pennsylvania, delaware county, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower