3 hospitalized in Collingdale house fire
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters called a second alarm while battling a blaze on Friday morning in Collingdale, Delaware County.
The fire was reported at a home in the 100 block of Wayne Avenue just after 11:00 a.m.
Two Collingdale police officers arrived to find smoke pouring from the front of the home.
A resident told police she awoke to find her mother screaming. When she opened the inside door, she was met by heavy smoke in the living room.
Fire crews soon arrived and were able to bring the blaze under control.
Two residents were treated and transported to Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital for smoke inhalation.
A firefighter was also injured from a fall. All three victims are expected to be released.
Authorities say the property sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.
The Red Cross has responded to assist with residents affected by the blaze.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
pennsylvania, delaware county, fire, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 13 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 58 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 16 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer