3 hospitalized in Collingdale house fire
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters called a second alarm while battling a blaze on Friday morning in Collingdale, Delaware County.
The fire was reported at a home in the 100 block of Wayne Avenue just after 11:00 a.m.
Two Collingdale police officers arrived to find smoke pouring from the front of the home.
A resident told police she awoke to find her mother screaming. When she opened the inside door, she was met by heavy smoke in the living room.
Fire crews soon arrived and were able to bring the blaze under control.
Two residents were treated and transported to Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital for smoke inhalation.
A firefighter was also injured from a fall. All three victims are expected to be released.
Authorities say the property sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.
The Red Cross has responded to assist with residents affected by the blaze.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
pennsylvania, delaware county, fire, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)