CO scare forces evacuations in Old City
OLD CITY - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A carbon monoxide scare sparked some evacuations Friday morning in the Old City section of Philadelphia.
The incident was reported around 10:30 a.m. inside a business in the 300 block of Market Street.
Authorities say a welding crew was working in one of the buildings. Their welding equipment was powered by a gas generator that was inside the building.
That generator was letting out the carbon monoxide but it couldn't escape due to poor ventilation.
The workers shut down the generator.
Firefighters arrived and found the CO levels were below dangerous levels.
Three apartments were evacuated but those residents are now allowed back into their homes.
philadelphia, old city, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 56 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
12 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
56 min ago