Family pleads for justice for slain Olney teen
PHILADELPHIA - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- What began as an investigation into a deadly car crash has turned into a murder investigation, and the victim's family is asking for the public's help.
"He was a good kid; never gave me any problems," said Ida Mae Brown.
Ida Mae Brown couldn't stop crying. She misses her grandson, 19-year-old Maurice Brown.
He has a twin brother, and Mrs. Brown says she misses their playful arguments.
"He has a brother. They were always arguing. I miss everything about him," she said.
It was July 25th, shortly before 12:30 a.m. when police were summoned to the 400 block of West Duncannon Street in Olney. That's where an SUV crashed into the side of a church.
19-year-old Maurice Brown was found slumped over, unconscious. It was discovered at the hospital that he had two stab wounds to his chest. He later died.
Police say this is a homicide and so far there have been no arrests.
The Citizens Crime Commission has posted a $500 reward and the city of Philadelphia is posting up to $20,000 for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS or the Philadelphia Police Hotline at 215-686-TIPS.
"We need to get these people off the street," said Santo Montecalvo. "This sounds like a brutal, ruthless killing, and we need to get them."
"Please come forward," pleads Maurice's grandmother. "This could have been your family member. We need some justice for Maurice. Please?"
crimefighters, homicide, stabbing, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 16 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 59 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 54 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 52 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
56 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
50 min ago