Family pleads for justice for slain Olney teen
PHILADELPHIA - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- What began as an investigation into a deadly car crash has turned into a murder investigation, and the victim's family is asking for the public's help.
"He was a good kid; never gave me any problems," said Ida Mae Brown.
Ida Mae Brown couldn't stop crying. She misses her grandson, 19-year-old Maurice Brown.
He has a twin brother, and Mrs. Brown says she misses their playful arguments.
"He has a brother. They were always arguing. I miss everything about him," she said.
It was July 25th, shortly before 12:30 a.m. when police were summoned to the 400 block of West Duncannon Street in Olney. That's where an SUV crashed into the side of a church.
19-year-old Maurice Brown was found slumped over, unconscious. It was discovered at the hospital that he had two stab wounds to his chest. He later died.
Police say this is a homicide and so far there have been no arrests.
The Citizens Crime Commission has posted a $500 reward and the city of Philadelphia is posting up to $20,000 for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS or the Philadelphia Police Hotline at 215-686-TIPS.
"We need to get these people off the street," said Santo Montecalvo. "This sounds like a brutal, ruthless killing, and we need to get them."
"Please come forward," pleads Maurice's grandmother. "This could have been your family member. We need some justice for Maurice. Please?"
crimefighters, homicide, stabbing, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 27 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 27 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
5 min ago