2 people attacked by dog in New Castle County
STANTON, Del. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mail carrier was seriously injured and a woman suffered minor injuries after a dog attack in New Castle County.
It happened around 4:15 Friday afternoon in the area of Argonne Avenue and Main Street in Stanton, Delaware.
Delaware State Police responded to the report of two people bitten. A state trooper arrived and found two dogs attacking a smaller dog.
The officer fired his weapon at the animal, ending the attack.
A 55-year-old mailman was attacked before the incident and suffered multiple wounds from dog bites.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital. No word on his condition.
A 51-year-old woman suffered a dog bite to her upper body but refused treatment at the scene.
Both dogs involved in the attack were taken by the Kent County SPCA and provided with veterinary care. The dog that was attacked remained with its owner.
The incident remains under investigation by the SPCA.
delaware, new castle county, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
8 min ago