2 people attacked by dog in New Castle County
STANTON, Del. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mail carrier was seriously injured and a woman suffered minor injuries after a dog attack in New Castle County.
It happened around 4:15 Friday afternoon in the area of Argonne Avenue and Main Street in Stanton, Delaware.
Delaware State Police responded to the report of two people bitten. A state trooper arrived and found two dogs attacking a smaller dog.
The officer fired his weapon at the animal, ending the attack.
A 55-year-old mailman was attacked before the incident and suffered multiple wounds from dog bites.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital. No word on his condition.
A 51-year-old woman suffered a dog bite to her upper body but refused treatment at the scene.
Both dogs involved in the attack were taken by the Kent County SPCA and provided with veterinary care. The dog that was attacked remained with its owner.
The incident remains under investigation by the SPCA.
delaware, new castle county, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos