2 people attacked by dog in New Castle County
STANTON, Del. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mail carrier was seriously injured and a woman suffered minor injuries after a dog attack in New Castle County.
It happened around 4:15 Friday afternoon in the area of Argonne Avenue and Main Street in Stanton, Delaware.
Delaware State Police responded to the report of two people bitten. A state trooper arrived and found two dogs attacking a smaller dog.
The officer fired his weapon at the animal, ending the attack.
A 55-year-old mailman was attacked before the incident and suffered multiple wounds from dog bites.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital. No word on his condition.
A 51-year-old woman suffered a dog bite to her upper body but refused treatment at the scene.
Both dogs involved in the attack were taken by the Kent County SPCA and provided with veterinary care. The dog that was attacked remained with its owner.
The incident remains under investigation by the SPCA.
delaware, new castle county, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 25 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
25 min ago