2 people attacked by dog in New Castle County
STANTON, Del. - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mail carrier was seriously injured and a woman suffered minor injuries after a dog attack in New Castle County.
It happened around 4:15 Friday afternoon in the area of Argonne Avenue and Main Street in Stanton, Delaware.
Delaware State Police responded to the report of two people bitten. A state trooper arrived and found two dogs attacking a smaller dog.
The officer fired his weapon at the animal, ending the attack.
A 55-year-old mailman was attacked before the incident and suffered multiple wounds from dog bites.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital. No word on his condition.
A 51-year-old woman suffered a dog bite to her upper body but refused treatment at the scene.
Both dogs involved in the attack were taken by the Kent County SPCA and provided with veterinary care. The dog that was attacked remained with its owner.
The incident remains under investigation by the SPCA.
delaware, new castle county, animal attacks, animals, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 15 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 3 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over 56 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
3 min ago