Dozens evacuated in Old City apartment fire
OLD CITY - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a fire that erupted at a six story apartment complex in Old City.
Crews were called around 11:10 Friday night to the Waterfront Apartments near 2nd and Market streets.
Arriving firefighters were met with dozens of people exiting the building while smoke poured from the second floor.
"We ended up running outside because the smoke was billowing thorugh our hallway," said Matt Lafferty, resident.
The blaze was brought under control within a half hour and crews remained on the scene for an hour cleaning up.
No injuries were reported. The Red Cross is assisting at least two people affected by the fire.
The resident who lives in the unit where the fire started was not home at the time.
No word what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, old city, fire, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 59 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball