Man shot dead in Camden apartment, suspect in custody
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a Camden man who allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend's apartment and shot a man he found there has turned himself in to face murder charges.
Partrico Rodriguez, a 23-year-old Camden resident, surrendered to authorities Saturday morning, shortly after the shooting occurred. It was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
The incident happened in the 700 block of Broadway Street.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says Rodriguez broke into the apartment around 3:45 a.m. Saturday and shot 30-year-old Lateaf Anderson "multiple times." The Sicklerville man was pronounced dead a short time later.
The former girlfriend was not injured in the shooting.
new jersey, camden county, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 55 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 48 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
22 min ago