Man shot dead in Camden apartment, suspect in custody
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a Camden man who allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend's apartment and shot a man he found there has turned himself in to face murder charges.
Partrico Rodriguez, a 23-year-old Camden resident, surrendered to authorities Saturday morning, shortly after the shooting occurred. It was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
The incident happened in the 700 block of Broadway Street.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says Rodriguez broke into the apartment around 3:45 a.m. Saturday and shot 30-year-old Lateaf Anderson "multiple times." The Sicklerville man was pronounced dead a short time later.
The former girlfriend was not injured in the shooting.
new jersey, camden county, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 43 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 57 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
38 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
43 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
35 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
54 min ago