Man shot dead in Camden apartment, suspect in custody
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a Camden man who allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend's apartment and shot a man he found there has turned himself in to face murder charges.
Partrico Rodriguez, a 23-year-old Camden resident, surrendered to authorities Saturday morning, shortly after the shooting occurred. It was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
The incident happened in the 700 block of Broadway Street.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says Rodriguez broke into the apartment around 3:45 a.m. Saturday and shot 30-year-old Lateaf Anderson "multiple times." The Sicklerville man was pronounced dead a short time later.
The former girlfriend was not injured in the shooting.
new jersey, camden county, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos