Man shot dead in Camden apartment, suspect in custody
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a Camden man who allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend's apartment and shot a man he found there has turned himself in to face murder charges.
Partrico Rodriguez, a 23-year-old Camden resident, surrendered to authorities Saturday morning, shortly after the shooting occurred. It was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
The incident happened in the 700 block of Broadway Street.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says Rodriguez broke into the apartment around 3:45 a.m. Saturday and shot 30-year-old Lateaf Anderson "multiple times." The Sicklerville man was pronounced dead a short time later.
The former girlfriend was not injured in the shooting.
new jersey, camden county, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 32 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 1 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 19 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest