Man shot dead in Camden apartment, suspect in custody
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a Camden man who allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend's apartment and shot a man he found there has turned himself in to face murder charges.
Partrico Rodriguez, a 23-year-old Camden resident, surrendered to authorities Saturday morning, shortly after the shooting occurred. It was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
The incident happened in the 700 block of Broadway Street.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says Rodriguez broke into the apartment around 3:45 a.m. Saturday and shot 30-year-old Lateaf Anderson "multiple times." The Sicklerville man was pronounced dead a short time later.
The former girlfriend was not injured in the shooting.
new jersey, camden county, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 15 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 5 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
15 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
5 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos