2 Phila. officers injured in Parkside crash
PARKSIDE - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured when their patrol car slammed into a church van in the Parkside section of the city.
It happened early Sunday morning on the 5100 block of Bible Way.
Police tell Action News that the 19th district officers were responding to a call with their warning lights on.
As the vehicle turned off North 52nd Street, the driver lost control of the patrol car and smashed into a church van parked on the street. The van is owned by Greater Bible Way Church.
One officer was found bleeding from the head. Both officers suffered neck and back pains and were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
No word what caused the officer to lose control.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 46 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 37 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
46 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
21 min ago