2 Phila. officers injured in Parkside crash
PARKSIDE - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured when their patrol car slammed into a church van in the Parkside section of the city.
It happened early Sunday morning on the 5100 block of Bible Way.
Police tell Action News that the 19th district officers were responding to a call with their warning lights on.
As the vehicle turned off North 52nd Street, the driver lost control of the patrol car and smashed into a church van parked on the street. The van is owned by Greater Bible Way Church.
One officer was found bleeding from the head. Both officers suffered neck and back pains and were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
No word what caused the officer to lose control.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 34 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 57 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
29 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
57 min ago