2 Phila. officers injured in Parkside crash
PARKSIDE - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured when their patrol car slammed into a church van in the Parkside section of the city.
It happened early Sunday morning on the 5100 block of Bible Way.
Police tell Action News that the 19th district officers were responding to a call with their warning lights on.
As the vehicle turned off North 52nd Street, the driver lost control of the patrol car and smashed into a church van parked on the street. The van is owned by Greater Bible Way Church.
One officer was found bleeding from the head. Both officers suffered neck and back pains and were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
No word what caused the officer to lose control.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower