2 Phila. officers injured in Parkside crash
PARKSIDE - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured when their patrol car slammed into a church van in the Parkside section of the city.
It happened early Sunday morning on the 5100 block of Bible Way.
Police tell Action News that the 19th district officers were responding to a call with their warning lights on.
As the vehicle turned off North 52nd Street, the driver lost control of the patrol car and smashed into a church van parked on the street. The van is owned by Greater Bible Way Church.
One officer was found bleeding from the head. Both officers suffered neck and back pains and were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
No word what caused the officer to lose control.
philadelphia, police, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed