Flames spread through Bucks County home
UPPER MAKEFIELD TWP, Pa. - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle flames that started in a fireplace and spread to the roof of a home in Bucks County.
It happened around 10:50 Saturday night on the 300 block of Thompson Mill Road in Upper Makefield Township.
Arriving crews found fire shooting from the 4,000 square foot home.
Authorities say the fire spread through the chimney, went to the roof and continued spreading to the upper floors of the home.
Extra tanker trucks were needed to bring in water to the rural community.
The blaze was brought under control within an hour.
Several residents were home at the time but were able to escape without injury.
pennsylvania, bucks county, fire, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 55 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos