Flames spread through Bucks County home
UPPER MAKEFIELD TWP, Pa. - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle flames that started in a fireplace and spread to the roof of a home in Bucks County.
It happened around 10:50 Saturday night on the 300 block of Thompson Mill Road in Upper Makefield Township.
Arriving crews found fire shooting from the 4,000 square foot home.
Authorities say the fire spread through the chimney, went to the roof and continued spreading to the upper floors of the home.
Extra tanker trucks were needed to bring in water to the rural community.
The blaze was brought under control within an hour.
Several residents were home at the time but were able to escape without injury.
pennsylvania, bucks county, fire, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 13 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 13 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA