Flames spread through Bucks County home
UPPER MAKEFIELD TWP, Pa. - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle flames that started in a fireplace and spread to the roof of a home in Bucks County.
It happened around 10:50 Saturday night on the 300 block of Thompson Mill Road in Upper Makefield Township.
Arriving crews found fire shooting from the 4,000 square foot home.
Authorities say the fire spread through the chimney, went to the roof and continued spreading to the upper floors of the home.
Extra tanker trucks were needed to bring in water to the rural community.
The blaze was brought under control within an hour.
Several residents were home at the time but were able to escape without injury.
pennsylvania, bucks county, fire, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run