Vehicle crashes into landmark Phila. fountain
EAKINS OVAL - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the driver of a car lost control, sending the vehicle in the air and into the landmark fountain by the Philadelphia Art Museum.
It happened around 4:15 Sunday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the driver was speeding down Kelly Drive, when the car crossed over the dirt road and over Spring Garden Street.
At one point the vehicle went airborne and lost three wheels before coming to rest in the Washington Monument Fountain.
The view from the Action Cam showed some damage to the famed fountain but police say the car must be removed for the extent of the damage to be determined.
The driver was not injured in the crash but will face several traffic violations.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act