Vehicle crashes into landmark Phila. fountain
EAKINS OVAL - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the driver of a car lost control, sending the vehicle in the air and into the landmark fountain by the Philadelphia Art Museum.
It happened around 4:15 Sunday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the driver was speeding down Kelly Drive, when the car crossed over the dirt road and over Spring Garden Street.
At one point the vehicle went airborne and lost three wheels before coming to rest in the Washington Monument Fountain.
The view from the Action Cam showed some damage to the famed fountain but police say the car must be removed for the extent of the damage to be determined.
The driver was not injured in the crash but will face several traffic violations.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 42 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ