Vehicle crashes into landmark Phila. fountain
EAKINS OVAL - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the driver of a car lost control, sending the vehicle in the air and into the landmark fountain by the Philadelphia Art Museum.
It happened around 4:15 Sunday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the driver was speeding down Kelly Drive, when the car crossed over the dirt road and over Spring Garden Street.
At one point the vehicle went airborne and lost three wheels before coming to rest in the Washington Monument Fountain.
The view from the Action Cam showed some damage to the famed fountain but police say the car must be removed for the extent of the damage to be determined.
The driver was not injured in the crash but will face several traffic violations.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 6 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos