Vehicle crashes into landmark Phila. fountain
EAKINS OVAL - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the driver of a car lost control, sending the vehicle in the air and into the landmark fountain by the Philadelphia Art Museum.
It happened around 4:15 Sunday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the driver was speeding down Kelly Drive, when the car crossed over the dirt road and over Spring Garden Street.
At one point the vehicle went airborne and lost three wheels before coming to rest in the Washington Monument Fountain.
The view from the Action Cam showed some damage to the famed fountain but police say the car must be removed for the extent of the damage to be determined.
The driver was not injured in the crash but will face several traffic violations.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed