Standoff in NE Phila. ends with arrest
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an a standoff in Northeast Philadelphia, that lasted for more than three hours, ended with an arrest.
Around 10:50 Saturday night police received several 9-1-1 reports of a man with a gun on the 7400 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Arriving officers found a man in his 20s - without a shirt - walking down the street.
Officers ordered him to drop his weapon but the suspect ran onto the 4700 block of Vista Street and into a house.
As he went up the steps, police say a gun dropped from his waistband.
Police ordered the man out of the home, but he refused. SWAT teams were called in and a negotiator responded to the scene.
Around 2:15 Sunday morning, the suspect was convinced to come out. He was taken into police custody and faces a number of charges.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 34 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos