Missing NJ boy found by police
BARNEGAT, N.J. - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Barnegat Police have ended their search for a 12-year-old boy. He was found unharmed without incident.
12-year-old Jaleni Lewis-Castagna was located just after 10:00 p.m.
The Barnegat Police Department received numerous tips through the department's Facebook page and calls from area residents who believed that they had seen the juvenile walking in the area of Route 72 in Manahawkin.
Residents also reported seeing the juvenile in the McDonald's and Regal 10 movie theater.
Barnegat officers canvassed area businesses based on the information received, and Jaleni was found by Detective Hetrick inside of the TGI Fridays on Route 72 in Manahawkin.
The Barnegat Police department credits the community for the overwhelming amount of support and assistance the agency received during the search.
missing children, new jersey, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 9 min ago
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila.
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep