Missing NJ boy found by police
BARNEGAT, N.J. - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Barnegat Police have ended their search for a 12-year-old boy. He was found unharmed without incident.
12-year-old Jaleni Lewis-Castagna was located just after 10:00 p.m.
The Barnegat Police Department received numerous tips through the department's Facebook page and calls from area residents who believed that they had seen the juvenile walking in the area of Route 72 in Manahawkin.
Residents also reported seeing the juvenile in the McDonald's and Regal 10 movie theater.
Barnegat officers canvassed area businesses based on the information received, and Jaleni was found by Detective Hetrick inside of the TGI Fridays on Route 72 in Manahawkin.
The Barnegat Police department credits the community for the overwhelming amount of support and assistance the agency received during the search.
missing children, new jersey, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 9 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 21 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 46 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 35 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos