Penn State student hurt in 5-story fall out window
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old Penn State student is hospitalized in critical condition after falling 39 feet out of a window of an apartment building.
Authorities said the young woman fell from the window of a fifth-floor apartment overnight Saturday at the Calder Commons building in downtown State College.
Police would not identify the student but said the fall appears to have been accidental.
Penn State spokeswoman Lisa Powers said the young woman suffered multiple injuries and was taken to Altoona Regional Health System. She declined to provide additional information, citing an ongoing police investigation.
Information from: Centre Daily Times, http://www.centredaily.com
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos