Penn State student hurt in 5-story fall out window
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old Penn State student is hospitalized in critical condition after falling 39 feet out of a window of an apartment building.
Authorities said the young woman fell from the window of a fifth-floor apartment overnight Saturday at the Calder Commons building in downtown State College.
Police would not identify the student but said the fall appears to have been accidental.
Penn State spokeswoman Lisa Powers said the young woman suffered multiple injuries and was taken to Altoona Regional Health System. She declined to provide additional information, citing an ongoing police investigation.
Information from: Centre Daily Times, http://www.centredaily.com
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 56 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 41 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 20 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool