2 arrested in connection with Wilmington 7-Eleven robbery
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have announced the arrest of two people in connection with the armed robbery of a Wilmington convenience store on Sunday.
It was 6:23 a.m. when police say 30-year-old Brian Brown, of the 2100 block of Biddle Street in Wilmington, entered the 7-Eleven convenience store on Greenhill Avenue.
With a dark hooded sweatshirt pulled over his head, Brown allegedly jumped over the counter and pointed a handgun at the clerk demanding cash. Police say he then assaulted the 23-year-old clerk, removed money from the register and fled the store.
Police were able to compile a detailed description of the suspect through surveillance footage and the victim's account. Officers later observed a man, who was operating a Kia Rio in the area of W. 7th and N. DuPont Streets, who matched the description of the robbery suspect.
The officers conducted a vehicle stop and identified the man behind the wheel as Brian Brown. His passenger was a woman identified as April Stiner of Colby Avenue in Claymont. Officers then attempted to take Brown into custody, but he allegedly resisted arrest. Brown and one of the officers received minor injuries as a result of the scuffle. Both were treated and released at Wilmington Hospital.
A subsequently investigation identified Brown as the robbery suspect. A black pellet gun and additional evidence was found in Brown's vehicle, linking him to the robbery. In addition to the convenience store robbery, Brown is a parolee two probation violations and an outstanding burglary warrant.
Police say Brown's passenger, April Stiner, confessed to aiding Brown in the robbery by driving the getaway vehicle.
Brown and Stiner are being held pending arraignment.
wilmington, delaware, robbery, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police