NJ parents filing petition for better education
TRENTON, N.J. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three parents with children in the Camden school district are planning to file legal papers demanding their children get a better education.
The group plans to file the papers on Monday.
New Jersey's education system has been the subject of a lawsuit for decades asserting that children in the state's poorest cities are not getting access to adequate schools. One result has been a dramatic increase in the state's subsidy for those school districts, but critics say the results are still meager.
The new claim has the same point, but a different solution.
Supporters of the claim include groups pushing for publicly funded ways that children can attend private schools in areas where the public ones are failing.
new jersey, school, education, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 55 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 45 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
55 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
45 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos