Man dies following fire in Somerton section
SOMERTON - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has died following a fire on Monday morning in the Somerton section of Philadelphia.
Firefighters were called to the 300 block of Buxmont Street at 8:00 a.m.
The fire was reported to be in the basement of the home.
The 70-year-old man who died was living in the basement, investigators said. There were no working smoke detectors.
The fire department has not released the man's name, but said he is the brother of a retired Philadelphia Police officer.
The fire was brought under control shortly before 8:30 a.m.
The fire marshal's office is investigating.
philadelphia, somerton, fire, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 36 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 39 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago