Search continues for missing U. of Del. professor
NEWARK, Del. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark released an age progression photo of a retired University of Delaware professor missing since mid-September.
64-year-old John E. Dohms was last seen around 3:00 p.m. on Sept. 13, walking north on Creek Road into White Clay Creek State Park .
Dohms, who suffers from dementia, never returned to his home on the 100 block of East Cleveland Avenue. Newark police have issued a Gold Alert for him.
He was last seen wearing a bright green button down shirt, green socks, white tennis shoes and khaki shorts. Police say he wears a Medic Alert bracelet on his left wrist and may also have binoculars with him.
Dohms is said to frequent stores near Main Street, Pomeroy Trail, parkland off of Paper Mill Road, and University of Delaware facilities.
Police urge residents in Newark, Hockessin, and Chester County to check sheds, cars, and other places of shelter.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Newark Police at 302-366-7111.
delaware, missing person, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 34 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos