Search continues for missing U. of Del. professor
NEWARK, Del. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark released an age progression photo of a retired University of Delaware professor missing since mid-September.
64-year-old John E. Dohms was last seen around 3:00 p.m. on Sept. 13, walking north on Creek Road into White Clay Creek State Park .
Dohms, who suffers from dementia, never returned to his home on the 100 block of East Cleveland Avenue. Newark police have issued a Gold Alert for him.
He was last seen wearing a bright green button down shirt, green socks, white tennis shoes and khaki shorts. Police say he wears a Medic Alert bracelet on his left wrist and may also have binoculars with him.
Dohms is said to frequent stores near Main Street, Pomeroy Trail, parkland off of Paper Mill Road, and University of Delaware facilities.
Police urge residents in Newark, Hockessin, and Chester County to check sheds, cars, and other places of shelter.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Newark Police at 302-366-7111.
delaware, missing person, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 4 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 7 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 48 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 45 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 51 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 27 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos