Search continues for missing U. of Del. professor
NEWARK, Del. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark released an age progression photo of a retired University of Delaware professor missing since mid-September.
64-year-old John E. Dohms was last seen around 3:00 p.m. on Sept. 13, walking north on Creek Road into White Clay Creek State Park .
Dohms, who suffers from dementia, never returned to his home on the 100 block of East Cleveland Avenue. Newark police have issued a Gold Alert for him.
He was last seen wearing a bright green button down shirt, green socks, white tennis shoes and khaki shorts. Police say he wears a Medic Alert bracelet on his left wrist and may also have binoculars with him.
Dohms is said to frequent stores near Main Street, Pomeroy Trail, parkland off of Paper Mill Road, and University of Delaware facilities.
Police urge residents in Newark, Hockessin, and Chester County to check sheds, cars, and other places of shelter.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Newark Police at 302-366-7111.
delaware, missing person, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash