Man gunned down outside Grays Ferry bar
GRAYS FERRY - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fight between two men on the steps of a Philadelphia bar turned deadly late Monday night.
It happened outside the Big Fellas Sports Bar at 33rd and Reed Streets around 11:20 p.m.
Police say one man punched another. The other man then pulled out a gun and fired five shots.
The victim, 36-year-old Matthew Smith of the 3200 block of Wharton Street, was suffered multiple gunshot wounds and died at the hospital.
The search is on for the killer.
philadelphia, shooting, grays ferry, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 14 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts