Man critical after shooting in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was seriously injured in a shooting late Monday night in Philadelphia's Oxford Circle section.
Shots rang out at 10:43 p.m. along the 6000 block of Augusta Street.
Police say the 24-year-old victim, only identified as "Brian," was found on the steps of a home there.
He suffered a gunshot wound to the upper right back and right elbow.
The victim told police he had been sitting on the steps when he was approached by three men who then shot him several times.
There was no immediate word on the motive behind this shooting as the investigation continues.
philadelphia, oxford circle, shooting, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 3 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 45 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 9 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Sunny, blustery winds today
57 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
45 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos