Man critical after shooting in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was seriously injured in a shooting late Monday night in Philadelphia's Oxford Circle section.
Shots rang out at 10:43 p.m. along the 6000 block of Augusta Street.
Police say the 24-year-old victim, only identified as "Brian," was found on the steps of a home there.
He suffered a gunshot wound to the upper right back and right elbow.
The victim told police he had been sitting on the steps when he was approached by three men who then shot him several times.
There was no immediate word on the motive behind this shooting as the investigation continues.
philadelphia, oxford circle, shooting, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online 12 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident 39 min ago
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township 22 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment