Woman killed in Center City hit-and-run ID'd
CENTER CITY - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman killed in a hit-and-run crash early Tuesday morning in Center City Philadelphia.
Sandra Lee, 52, of the 700 block of North 37th Street died in the crash on the Spring Garden Street Bridge, just off the I-76 ramp.
She was the passenger in a Nissan being driven by her husband, 56-year-old Alonzo Lee.
"I'm very disturbed. Very," said Lee's cousin, Dennis Hunter. "She went to work every day, came home every day. Never bothered nobody, never had any problems."
Police say the couple was driving on the eastbound ramp off I-76 when the driver of another car struck their vehicle.
The Nissan went up on a curb and flipped onto its side.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle, a 30-year-old man, fled on foot but was later stopped and arrested at 35th and Lancaster.
The suspect has not been named by police. However, investigators say he faces a number of charges including Homicide by Vehicle and DUI.
philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 17 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos