Woman killed in Center City hit-and-run ID'd
CENTER CITY - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman killed in a hit-and-run crash early Tuesday morning in Center City Philadelphia.
Sandra Lee, 52, of the 700 block of North 37th Street died in the crash on the Spring Garden Street Bridge, just off the I-76 ramp.
She was the passenger in a Nissan being driven by her husband, 56-year-old Alonzo Lee.
"I'm very disturbed. Very," said Lee's cousin, Dennis Hunter. "She went to work every day, came home every day. Never bothered nobody, never had any problems."
Police say the couple was driving on the eastbound ramp off I-76 when the driver of another car struck their vehicle.
The Nissan went up on a curb and flipped onto its side.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle, a 30-year-old man, fled on foot but was later stopped and arrested at 35th and Lancaster.
The suspect has not been named by police. However, investigators say he faces a number of charges including Homicide by Vehicle and DUI.
philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos