Water main break in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yet another water main break in Philadelphia sent water flowing down a street overnight.
The latest main break happened around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at the corner of Market Street and 42nd Street in West Philadelphia.
It took Water Department crews about a half hour to stop the water flow from the 12 inch main.
Fire department, police and Philadelphia Water Department crews along with L&I were on the scene inspecting houses and businesses for any water or structural damage.
west philadelphia, philadelphia, water main break, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 6 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 5 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 36 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 34 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 26 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos