Prisoner escapes into ceiling of NJ hospital
JERSEY CITY, N.J. - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police captured a prisoner who escaped by climbing into the ceiling at Jersey City Medical Center.
Kearny police had brought the man to the hospital for treatment on Monday.
Hospital spokesman Mark Robson tells The Jersey Journal the 32-year-old was in a bathroom on the ground floor when he removed a drop-ceiling panel and climbed into the space.
The suspect was captured an hour later.
His name has not been released.
Information from: The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, N.J.), http://www.nj.com/jjournal
new jersey, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station