Penn State student still critical from window fall
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old Penn State cheerleader remains in critical condition after falling five stories from a window of an off-campus apartment building.
University officials on Monday identified the victim as varsity cheerleader Paige Raque.
Authorities said she fell 39 feet to the parking lot below at the Calder Commons building in downtown State College overnight Saturday.
State College police have said the fall appears to have been accidental but an investigation will continue.
Penn State's gymnastics coach Randy Jepson is acting as a spokeswoman for the young woman's family. He said Raque suffered a traumatic brain injury and her family is at her side.
Raque is a 2011 graduate of Christian Academy of Louisville in Kentucky. Her brother, Parker Raque, is a Penn State gymnastics team captain and student.
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 35 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 11 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 23 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
15 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
35 min ago