Federal official attacked, robbed in Center City
CENTER CITY - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an assault on a Federal Officer in Center City. The attacker stole the officer's cell phone and backpack.
It happened at the intersection of 20th Street and JFK Boulevard at 9:00 Monday night.
Police say they arrested a suspect nearby on Arch Street.
The federal officer was treated at a nearby hospital.
Authorities have not disclosed the officer's name or the agency for which the officer works.
center city, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 10 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
51 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
10 min ago