Federal official attacked, robbed in Center City
CENTER CITY - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an assault on a Federal Officer in Center City. The attacker stole the officer's cell phone and backpack.
It happened at the intersection of 20th Street and JFK Boulevard at 9:00 Monday night.
Police say they arrested a suspect nearby on Arch Street.
The federal officer was treated at a nearby hospital.
Authorities have not disclosed the officer's name or the agency for which the officer works.
center city, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 33 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 6 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 31 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 32 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
29 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
28 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
33 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
32 min ago