Victim dragged in gas station carjacking
HUNTING PARK - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help in identifying the man who pulled off a brazen daytime carjacking at a gas station in the city's Hunting Park section.
According to police, it was 10:15 a.m. Monday when the 61-year-old victim pulled his minivan into the Lukoil gas station located at 3130 West Hunting Park Avenue. At about the same time, the suspect pulled into the station driving a late 1980s model Oldsmobile station wagon.
The suspect got out of his car and walked up behind the victim, who was waiting in line at the cashier booth, situated next to his minivan.
After a couple of seconds, the suspect entered the victim's minivan and attempted to drive away. The victim, in an attempt to stop the carjacking, reached into the vehicle. However, in the process the victim was dragged as the suspect drove off.
There is no word on if the victim suffered any injuries.
The suspect is described as a medium complexion black male standing 5'9", 30-40 years of age, a goatee, wearing a gray sweatshirt and a gray baseball cap.
If you have any information on the suspect's identity or whereabouts you are asked to call police. To submit a tip by telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
hunting park, philadelphia, carjacking, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 32 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 53 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
57 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
54 min ago