Kensington man shot in the head outside his home
PHILADELPHIA - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after being ambushed in front of his home in the West Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Police say two men wearing masks ambushed a 39-year old man and his wife outside of the 400 block of East Rockland Street just after 8:00 p.m.
Police say the victim was shot in the back of the head.
He was rushed to Einstein Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Witnesses describe the suspects as teens, perhaps as young as 15, who were seen fleeing the scene.
The shooting remains under investigation.
homicide, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...