Kensington man shot in the head outside his home
PHILADELPHIA - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after being ambushed in front of his home in the West Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Police say two men wearing masks ambushed a 39-year old man and his wife outside of the 400 block of East Rockland Street just after 8:00 p.m.
Police say the victim was shot in the back of the head.
He was rushed to Einstein Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Witnesses describe the suspects as teens, perhaps as young as 15, who were seen fleeing the scene.
The shooting remains under investigation.
homicide, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 33 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish