Kensington man shot in the head outside his home
PHILADELPHIA - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after being ambushed in front of his home in the West Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Police say two men wearing masks ambushed a 39-year old man and his wife outside of the 400 block of East Rockland Street just after 8:00 p.m.
Police say the victim was shot in the back of the head.
He was rushed to Einstein Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Witnesses describe the suspects as teens, perhaps as young as 15, who were seen fleeing the scene.
The shooting remains under investigation.
homicide, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's