Pa. pastor gets 10-20 years in molestation case
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania pastor will serve 10 to 20 years in state prison for molesting a young girl more than a decade ago.
The Daily Local News reports 65-year-old Homer Richard Clifford Sr. of Coatesville was sentenced Tuesday by Chester County Judge David Bortner.
Clifford worked as pastor at the Crossroads of Faith Missionary Baptist Church in East Fallowfield and as a short-haul truck driver.
He pleaded guilty in April to two counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and was classified by the state Sexual Offender's Assessment Board as a sexually violent predator.
He was charged by police after a 21-year-old woman came forward to say he molested her from 1995 to 1999, when she was between 5 and 8 years old and he was babysitting her.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
west chester, pennsylvania, child sex assault, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 21 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies