Sandusky accuser sues Penn State over '05 incident
SCRANTON, Pa. - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 22-year-old man claims in a new lawsuit that Jerry Sandusky fondled him at a summer camp on the Penn State University campus in 2005.
The plaintiff, called "John Doe" in the lawsuit, says the former Penn State assistant football coach approached him in a swimming pool and grabbed his genitals. He says he backed away and left the camp.
The lawsuit was filed Monday in federal court in Scranton. The defendants include Sandusky; his charity for troubled youths; Penn State; and former university officials.
Victims or accusers in the child sexual abuse scandal have filed at least four other lawsuits seeking monetary damages. Penn State has said it wants to settle the claims.
Sandusky was sentenced last week to at least 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting 10 boys.
jerry sandusky, child abuse, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 45 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 47 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 21 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall