Sandusky accuser sues Penn State over '05 incident
SCRANTON, Pa. - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 22-year-old man claims in a new lawsuit that Jerry Sandusky fondled him at a summer camp on the Penn State University campus in 2005.
The plaintiff, called "John Doe" in the lawsuit, says the former Penn State assistant football coach approached him in a swimming pool and grabbed his genitals. He says he backed away and left the camp.
The lawsuit was filed Monday in federal court in Scranton. The defendants include Sandusky; his charity for troubled youths; Penn State; and former university officials.
Victims or accusers in the child sexual abuse scandal have filed at least four other lawsuits seeking monetary damages. Penn State has said it wants to settle the claims.
Sandusky was sentenced last week to at least 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting 10 boys.
jerry sandusky, child abuse, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases