2 injured in 2 car crash on I-95 in Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are on the scene of a two vehicle accident on I-95 northbound just north of Route 896 Newark.
The accident happened at approx 3:15 p.m.
Officials say an SUV crossed over from the southbound lanes of I-95 into the northbound lane striking a car head-on.
The 24-year-old driver of the SUV was trapped in his vehicle and had to be extricated by the fire department.
He was rushed to Christiana Hospital with serious injuries.
The 20-year old driver of the other car suffered injuries to her chest, head and extremities. She was also transported to Christiana Hospital where she is listed in stable condition.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, newark, delaware, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 46 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ