Portion of Cottman Ave named after slain officer
PHILADELPHIA - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police officers stood united in Port Richmond for a bittersweet honor for a fallen colleague.
Michelle Liczbinski helped local leaders unveil a sign naming part of Cottman Avenue for her late husband Stephen.
The 24th District sergeant was slain during a bank robbery call in Port Richmond in May 2008.
Cottman Avenue between Algon and Central Avenues now bears his name, ensuring the brave servant is never forgotten.
philadelphia police, police officer killed, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 25 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos