Portion of Cottman Ave named after slain officer
PHILADELPHIA - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police officers stood united in Port Richmond for a bittersweet honor for a fallen colleague.
Michelle Liczbinski helped local leaders unveil a sign naming part of Cottman Avenue for her late husband Stephen.
The 24th District sergeant was slain during a bank robbery call in Port Richmond in May 2008.
Cottman Avenue between Algon and Central Avenues now bears his name, ensuring the brave servant is never forgotten.
philadelphia police, police officer killed, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 41 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
39 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
41 min ago