Portion of Cottman Ave named after slain officer
PHILADELPHIA - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police officers stood united in Port Richmond for a bittersweet honor for a fallen colleague.
Michelle Liczbinski helped local leaders unveil a sign naming part of Cottman Avenue for her late husband Stephen.
The 24th District sergeant was slain during a bank robbery call in Port Richmond in May 2008.
Cottman Avenue between Algon and Central Avenues now bears his name, ensuring the brave servant is never forgotten.
philadelphia police, police officer killed, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 57 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 38 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
57 min ago