Delco school principal under federal investigation
October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school principal has been placed on leave pending a federal investigation.
Dr. Troy Czukoski was principal of Springton Lake Middle School in Media, Pennsylvania. He has only been working in the district since July and now he's on leave indefinitely.According to Rose Tree Media School District Superintendent Jim Wigo, a federal agent with the U.S. Postal Service delivered the news regarding Czukoski's investigation. The agent did not comment any further.
Within hours the district placed the principal on leave and by 6:30 Thursday night alerted parents and staff through a mass phone message.
"If the situation was severe enough for a federal agent to visit me, it was severe enough for me to react," said Wigo.
He told parents that the safety of students has not been impacted but some parents aren't sure what to think.
"I thought the principal was a nice person so I'm shocked at this investigation. I really don't know what happened but I hope things will be resolved," said Shanaz.
At Czukoski's Chester County home, a family member referred Action News to the man's attorney who released the following statement:
Troy Czukoski has not committed any crime, and has never abused his position or the trust of his community. He is looking forward to vindicating his good name in whatever proceedings might come.
Meanwhile, Superintendent Wigo says he was given no indication of how long the investigation could last.
school, pennsylvania, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7