6-month-old baby boy grazed by bullet in W. Pa.
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 6-month-old baby is hospitalized in western Pennsylvania after being grazed in the head by a bullet.
Uniontown police said they were called to an apartment Wednesday for a report of a child in need of an ambulance.
When they got there, they discovered the baby boy appeared to have a gunshot wound.
The circumstances that led to the gunfire remain unclear.
Uniontown police Capt. David Rutter said investigators are still trying to piece together what happened and there are several conflicting stories.
Police say the little boy's wound appeared to be superficial. He remains hospitalized.
children, shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 16 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 3 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 12 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 14 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 10 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures