Police: Boy, 13, spots mom, crashes stolen car
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a New Jersey boy lost control of a stolen car after he saw his mother driving in the opposite direction.
Toms River police say the 13-year-old went off the road and hit a tree Wednesday.
He sustained a broken nose and injured his hip.
Police issued tickets for reckless driving and being an unlicensed driver.
His name has not been released because of his age.
new jersey, ocean county, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed