2 injured in small explosion at brewery
UPPER MACUNGIE, Pa. - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were injured in a small explosion at a Lehigh County brewery.
The blast happened on Thursday morning at the Samuel Adams Brewery on Penn Drive in Upper Macungie.
Workers were starting up one of the boilers when the explosion happened, according to Boston Beer spokeswoman Michelle Sullivan.
Employees called 911, shut down operations and evacuated the building.
Two workers were treated at the scene for minor injuries. One complained of eye irritation; the other suffered a bump on the head, Sullivan said.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, explosion, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 56 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 29 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos