2 injured in small explosion at brewery
UPPER MACUNGIE, Pa. - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were injured in a small explosion at a Lehigh County brewery.
The blast happened on Thursday morning at the Samuel Adams Brewery on Penn Drive in Upper Macungie.
Workers were starting up one of the boilers when the explosion happened, according to Boston Beer spokeswoman Michelle Sullivan.
Employees called 911, shut down operations and evacuated the building.
Two workers were treated at the scene for minor injuries. One complained of eye irritation; the other suffered a bump on the head, Sullivan said.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, explosion, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 26 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 52 min ago
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 38 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
26 min ago