Man shot protecting girlfriend in NE Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot while trying to stop his girlfriend from being robbed in Northeast Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:45 p.m. on the 6200 block of Mershon Street near Levick.
According to police, a man in his 20s was walking with his girlfriend and daughter when they were approached by two men.
One of the men tried to steal the women's purse off her shoulder and that's when her boyfriend intervened and was shot in the leg.
The victim managed to run into the nearby 15th police district building. He was taken to the hospital and listed in stable condition.
Both the suspects fled but one of the men was apprehended nearby and police say some of the stolen items were recovered.
robbery, shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 52 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos