Man shot protecting girlfriend in NE Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot while trying to stop his girlfriend from being robbed in Northeast Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:45 p.m. on the 6200 block of Mershon Street near Levick.
According to police, a man in his 20s was walking with his girlfriend and daughter when they were approached by two men.
One of the men tried to steal the women's purse off her shoulder and that's when her boyfriend intervened and was shot in the leg.
The victim managed to run into the nearby 15th police district building. He was taken to the hospital and listed in stable condition.
Both the suspects fled but one of the men was apprehended nearby and police say some of the stolen items were recovered.
robbery, shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 31 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 46 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys 56 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 7 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
31 min ago