Woman lying in bed grazed by bullet in Frankford
FRANKFORD - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 61-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to the head while lying in her bed in Frankford early Friday morning.
The shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. on the 5300 block of Charles Street.
Officials say a bullet came through the outside siding of the house, through the wall into a woman's bedroom and grazed her in the head.
The incident started outside the victim's home when a man was trying to rob another female who resisted and he began to pistol whip the woman and according to police, the gun went off.
The suspect fled the scene but was apprehended nearby while attempting to break into a house on the 4800 block of Hawthorn Street. Items including cash and cell phones were recovered.
The 61-year-old woman who was hit by the bullet was treated and released from the hospital.
Police say this incident was the 10th shooting in Philadelphia since 5:00 p.m. Thursday.
frankford, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 19 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
39 min ago