Police: 2 officers injured by DUI driver in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured in an accident overnight in the city's Germantown section, and now the driver of the striking vehicle is said to be facing DUI charges.
The crash happened around 1:00 a.m. Friday at the intersection of E Chelten Avenue and Baynton Street.
According to investigators, the police cruiser was rear-ended by another car.
The officers suffered various injuries to the neck, head and pelvis. Both were transported to Albert Einstein University Hospital in stable condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle was taken into custody and is expected to face formal charges.
The identities of the officers and the suspect have not been released.
germantown, philadelphia, accident, DUI, police, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book