Police: 2 officers injured by DUI driver in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured in an accident overnight in the city's Germantown section, and now the driver of the striking vehicle is said to be facing DUI charges.
The crash happened around 1:00 a.m. Friday at the intersection of E Chelten Avenue and Baynton Street.
According to investigators, the police cruiser was rear-ended by another car.
The officers suffered various injuries to the neck, head and pelvis. Both were transported to Albert Einstein University Hospital in stable condition.
The driver of the striking vehicle was taken into custody and is expected to face formal charges.
The identities of the officers and the suspect have not been released.
germantown, philadelphia, accident, DUI, police, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police