Red light cameras at 3 more Phila. intersections
PHILADELPHIA - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Drivers have another reason to hit the brakes in parts of Philadelphia.
There are now red light cameras at three more intersections.
The cameras are now up at Bustleton Avenue and Byberry Road, Woodhaven and Knights roads, and Academy Road and Grant Avenue.
There will be a warning period for 60 days with the new cameras. After that, violators will be fined $100.
Officials say the lights with the cameras have been tested to ensure that the yellow lights last for four seconds.
There are now cameras at 24 intersections in the city.
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 5 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire 57 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled 59 min ago
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Dozens rescued from flooded San Antonio area
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Kick off to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 2 min ago
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila....
57 min ago